Pages

Search blog and web

Who is against premarital sex?

Now, I'm not going to attack this from a Christian angle, because that is a no brainer, even though I succumbed to it with 3 partners, but at least married 2 of them.
I'm talking about more what it does to a person, maybe being so high on endorphins that you don't really detect how different you two really are?
If you could remove the premarital sex with your would be spouse and have dated them for 12-24 months with no sex, would you still have married them? I think sex can really cover up underlying issues.
I love my wife and she has a lot of great qualities and is a very caring person, but she isn't much into communication, no longer has much of a sex need, since she can no longer get pregnant and as a parent, she is an "enabler". I, on the other hand love to communicate, have a high sex drive and am a "disciplinarian" parent. Our kids are all in their 20's now, but raising her daughter with her created a lot of rough times and my intervention was mostly ignored. She is unmarried with a 5 year old, not a big surprise? I've always been there for her, regardless of outcomes.
Anyway, these would probably have been "deal breakers" for me. Communication, sex & parenting are all huge in a marriage and once sex dwindled, the other issues seemed a lot worse.

Anybody feel this way?

We've been married for 19 years and we do get along, we'll never have a "strong" marriage, in my opinion, mainly because my wife consistently says that she is totally happy, but we are committed to each other, so I've adapted to the situation.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment