Pages

Search blog and web

Long Distance, how can I keep smiling?

  • Thread Starter

I've been with my partner for 9 months, he's a great guy and my first 'countable' relationship (I've had points seeing somebody for a few weeks or so and it never worked out). For me to really be committed/trusting to a guy is hard, as men who have been in my life have been non trust worthy. I wont go into detail but it includes divorced parents and mums new boyfriend enjoying a bottle a little too much. So being with him makes him really special to me, knowing I can trust him.
I'm currently in college and my boyfriend is living 5-6 hours away from where I study and live. He only moved nearly two months ago and I have visited once. The day he left to start living somewhere new it was difficult, I moped and sat in bed for the best of three days. I knew that I was seeing him soon enough and I shouldn't be upset but unfortunately just knowing he wasn't 15 minutes away was enough to set me off into tears. I like being around those I love and being with people. Its difficult not being able to spend time with someone you love when you could've before.
When I visited I was back to my usual smiley self in the presence of my lovely boyfriend. We did lots of lovely things and I was stress free, away from college and work. But time flew by ever so quickly and before I knew it I was sat on a coach waving goodbye to my dearest with wet cheeks.
Now I'm back here the same I was on the day he left. I was never usually the type to be upset, or really let myself go when it came to being sad/lonely. But I really miss him.
I know what I want and I'm trying to stay positive but it doesn't always work. I've tried to make it clear on what I/We want, which is: to finish college earn some money and start our lives together (this could take two years:(). Having this goal/ambition here makes me thrive for the day it will happen, and the thought just makes me smile.
But other than that and calling, texting, skyping and sending gifts what more can cheer me or even both of us up. I would really appreciate some advice:)

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment