Pages

Search blog and web

I really don't know what to do, friend wants relationship but I'm not ready

  • Thread Starter

So last july I broke up with my first boyfriend because he didn't understand the word No, and it was destroying me. I'm not really over it - I'm not ready for another relationship, at least I don't feel like I am. It kinda scares me. He pressured me into stuff I didn't want to do and I'm scared.

In august, I made friends with this guy, who is so nice, funny, a great friend. I remember at the time I thought something about a relationship with him would be nice, but then I thought, No, I'm not ready for that and I only want a friend.
But yesterday he sent a message asking if I was free, I asked why and he said he thought I was cute and wondered if I wanted to get dinner.
I don't know what to do - am I blocking off all chances of a happy relationship just because of the last one being a complete mess? I don't know if I'm ready for it, but I don't want to hurt my friend. He's awesome. I know I probably sound so stupid, but part of the reason I took so long to break up with my last boyfriend was because I was terrified of hurting him. I just don't want to hurt anyone.
But wouldn't it be worse if I entered a relationship I'm not ready for? I mean, I'd have to make it clear to my friend that I don't want to do certain things, and hopefully he'd understand that, unlike my ex.
I don't know. This is probably really stupid I just have little experience with stuff like this - until 2013 I didn't even actually know any guys at all due to being very shy and going to an all-girls school. I definitely didn't have any male friends. I'm just lost.
Please, if you have any advice, let me know.
Thank you.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment