Pages

Search blog and web

Favouritism towards one child.

  • Thread Starter

Hi, basically I'm a 20 yo male and I have a half sister who is 7. My father has never shown love for me whereas the daughter is pampered and treated like a princess. He makes time to see her and do activities with her, and is acting like the perfect father figure for her. When I was a kid, there was a lot of tension in the family and my parents split up as a reason, but ever since I have never been close to my father. I've seen him regularly but it was almost as if he "had to" take me out, rather than him wanting to see me.

Even now, he will sometimes ask me to "tag along" when he's with his daughter going for a meal or movie etc. but she will always get priority for even the tiniest of things. This isn't a case of sibling jealousy, it's just that my father is showing complete favouritism to one child and this bugs me.

This causes tension between me and my mother as she isn't happy the way I am being treated, and therefore doesn't want me to see him at times. I have even tried talking Ito my dad about this when I have breakdowns but he simply denies it and thinks I'm being an idiot for saying that.

I would really like some advice on how to approach this, thanks for reading.

Anon as I know people here.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment