Pages

Search blog and web

Sweetheart is overweight...LDR

So this is our 2nd year in an LDR. Soon to be third year in a few months. He was suppose to visit me this year but issues happened with work, and it seems like it will be pushed back until next year.
Recently we've been chatting by facebook, and qq chat. Today we were finally able to video chat, and I notice he had gained a lot of weight since the last time we talked. Back then I noticed that he gained a bit of weight, but now it looks like he gained a lot. I didn't ask how much he gained but I could tell it was probably more than 10 pounds. I told him he looked like he gained weight, but I just left it as that. He said yeah he did gain weight. I just left it as that. I didn't want to push the issue too much. I just told him to eat healthier because I loved him.

It's going to be a little while before I see him again. Maybe 4 or 5 more months. My natural solution would be to cook for him, which I know would work. But right now because we are in an LDR, he's stressed from work, lacking in sleep, and he's been slowly gaining the weight. We are in two different time zones, so when we video chat it's usually around 1-2 in the morning Asia time. He's been drinking beer every night and going out to eat. That combination with stress is so taxing on the body. I can really tell now that he's retaining water.
How can I encourage him to eat healthier and work out? I have been eating healthier, and walking I can really see the results. I look and feel better. Maybe me being an example will motivate him. His health is really important to me. I want to be able to have children, and I want him to be around to raise them with me.
Should I tell him that he should get on the healthy track and start exercising and eating right? or should I just wait until we are together again, and encourage eating healthy, while cooking healthy and getting into a pattern of walking together?
I don't want to stress him out more with this, but in all honesty our health is in our own hands. We all have to make choices for ourselves.

What do you guys think?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment