Pages

Search blog and web

Thanksgiving, Xmas, birthdays. Don't know what to decide.

If you haven't read my OP, we're separated (she moved out). But the holidays are approaching, and i'm not sure how to handle them. Thanksgiving is her 'thing' (i'm English) and i'm sure it will go ahead, for her. But IF she asks if i'm going to join the family on that day, i'm not sure if i'll be able to accept. Seeing her crushes me, as it brings up all the emotions associated with 'us' (24 years), and i cannot be in the same physical place as my youngest son (20 y/o, he put me in hospital after a fight) as i simply am not ready for that stress.

Also, how am i going to deal with Xmas when it rolls around? I highly doubt, any of them (Wife, youngest and oldest son) will be staying here, in what was our house. I'm already accepting that i will wake up alone on Xmas morning, but if she/they want to get together, i'm sure how to cope with it.

How do the other recently separated people cope with days like that?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment