Pages

Search blog and web

I fancy my boss...

  • Thread Starter

Well, I say he's my 'boss'. He's assistant manager, so I report directly into him but he's not the big, big boss.

I've been at the company since mid-August. We've had good chemistry right from the word go – I could even feel it in the interview. I'm 19 and he's just turned 24, but most people at work assumed I was 22/23 when I joined because as he was quick to point out, I'm very mature and level headed for my age.

As far as I'm aware, he hasn't got a girlfriend at the moment. If he does have one then poor girl, because he's clearly very proud of the women in his life (he'll always talk about his mum/sister) but has never mentioned being in a relationship or anything, even when other colleagues, a lot of whom are married and have settled down already, are talking about their love lives together.

We were both being subtle with the flirting but he's thrown that out of the window in the past 2 weeks or so, since I went on a night out after work. I got ready whilst I was there because I knew he'd like what I was wearing, but also because I didn't want to carry work clothes around with me. He told me I looked gorgeous and he couldn't keep his eyes off of me, and I caught him having a cheeky look at my legs after I'd said goodbye to him as well.

Ever since, he's literally gone out of his way to get my attention at work. We did my review last week and he was trying to tell me that I was fitting into the team well and ended up just coming out with 'I think you're really lovely', before realizing what he'd said and stumbling on his words as he said '… oh and the other managers definitely think so as well'.

We sat in the staffroom for a good hour or so on Monday and we had a proper heart-to-heart, and then he begged me to do some extra hours on Tuesday, saying 'y'know, it'd be really lovely to have you around'. When I came in the following day, he wanted me to be his personal assistant for the day. Another colleague asked him 'what do you want her to do for you?' and he looked at me and smiled as responded to the colleague with 'ohhh, soooo many things' before winking at me.

On Wednesday evening, we were both shattered so he was like 'come with me' and we ended up just wandering around the store together, talking and gossiping away and he kept asking about my gap year plans and where I want to go travelling, and was playfully teasing me about things as well.

He's leaving our store next week because he got a promotion and said promotion involves a transfer to another location, and tonight is his leavers do. Should I just go for it? He doesn't officially leave until Wednesday and I'm worried about work gossip next week…

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment