Pages

Search blog and web

I'm losing all my friends :(

  • Thread Starter

Going to man up and post this without anon.

I finished my degree last summer and my life has fallen apart since then really. All of my friendships are disappearing. Not one of the people who graduated this summer has bothered to keep in touch with me, even those I lived with for 3 years. We had a good group of friends but now it's like I never existed.

I am still living in my uni city with quite a few of my friends doing 4th years, but they all get along so well with each other and i'm just awkwardly in the middle. Some of them i've known since 2011 but it's still like talking to a stranger.

I've just taken a new job but i'm really worried there won't be anyone my own age there. I did have some really good friends from my old job but again, they just stopped bothering with me. I always seem to be a stop gap until people find someone better. I've never had a best friend or a girlfriend and I can't see that ever improving.

There's only 1 person who makes any effort with me, she's the only person who has text me in the past 2 weeks and the only person I really talk to. Whereas she's really close with her housemates and has a long term boyfriend, it's hard not to feel inferior. I feel like it's only a matter of time before she gives up on me like everyone else, I don't want to dump all my problems on her either.

I feel like utter **** seeing everyone else all loved up and happy, going out & enjoying themselves whilst i'm crying in my room, incredibly bored and wishing I had someone to talk to.

Not too sure how to start improving this dire situation.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment