Pages

Search blog and web

I really, really need some advice. A guy liked pictures of me on Instagram...

  • Thread Starter

I know this seems unlikely but it's true. I just want you to give me your view on this and what you'd do if you were in my position.

My best friend has a popular instagram account (I know, I know) with almost 500,000 followers. It's the type where the owner posts pictures of good looking girls/ models for people to admire etc. A few years ago (I'm 21 now) I was signed out of nowhere to a modelling agency in London. I left as soon as I was allowed to because I didn't feel it was for me, academia interested me more & a whole host of other family related reasons. Long story short, my friend uploaded a few of my old polaroids onto this page and it gained a huge amount of attention with people asking who I was. She sent me a screenshot of the posts, the abundance of likes and comments and showed that she tagged me in the ones she most recently posted. I freaked out as I started to get tons of followers and likes on my personal instagram which I have since made private. I know this sounds incredibly far fetched but I've come to the point of posting this here to see what others who are probably like me in terms o f schooling think.

To get to the point, a footballer who plays for an U-something side liked a few pictures of me on my friend's very popular modelling/ female bodies type instagram. She sent me screenshots but I had no idea who he was until she explained. She did some research and found that it was really his official profile. I was flattered but not particularly interested. I told her not to communicate with him and to just leave it. A few hours later, he followed me and I thought it polite to follow him back. An hour or so later, I received a direct message of a blank black image and a "thanks for following me back :)". I said the same and cringed. He asked me where I'm originally from, what my name is, where I live etc but was replying periodically at first. I haven't told my friend because she'd probably go insane and I don't see this as serious or want anybody to know the details. I know it's not a big deal, but it's been a few days of us talking and we've kind of hit it off. It feels as though he initially wanted sex but found me very funny. I guess I might just be optimistic and it could still be purely physical for him at this point. He has a really nice personality and says I'm "different" to how I'd be expected to be judging by my looks and that he finds me "interesting" because of my academic goals (he asked).

I'm cringing typing this because it's a position I never expected to be in. My older sister has told me to stop responding to him ASAP because if we meet (which he hasn't brought up so far this week), and I'm seen, it'll cause me problems. He asked me to send a specific picture of myself to ensure he's not being catfished and I did. He didn't send one of his face but instead his hand in a weird contortion. Don't ask haha.

I'm just posting this to ask what you guys think. know it's expected that girls regarded as "attractive" like myself would jump at an opportunity to go out for a meal and be possibly displayed on the Daily Mail but I don't want any attention at all. He has pages online of girls in awe of him, fan-girling etc and he's been in the media in relation to his career. We're very much alike. He claims he's in awe at how we've clicked so far so I assume it might go further somehow... Is my sister right or should I just go for it?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment