Pages

Search blog and web

How do I get over my wife cheating on me?

I never thought I would end up in a place like this but here I am. I found out over a month ago that my wife was cheating on me with a co-worker. I left the house with the intent of getting a divorce but she convinced me to come back and said she was sorry. I really only came back home because I missed the kids and she seemed to be genuinely sorry. We've started to go to counseling but I feel that it isn't helping us. She has tried a few times to blame her affair on me but I told her that no matter what I did, she had no right to cheat on me. Whenever I get upset about all this, she is nice and seems sorry for a few days and then when she gets comfortable. She just goes back to trying to be a couple like nothing ever happened.

I feel in my heart that she is not sorry for what she did. It's hard to explain it but she has a certain arrogance about her now that makes me very upset. I try to ignore it but in the mornings she gets up early and showers and literally spends a hour in the bathroom getting ready for work. When we go out, she spends 5 minutes in the bathroom and then she's ready. I feel like she puts her friends above me. I feel like she would save her friend's life before saving mine. I feel that she doesn't care about me and is only her so I can take care of chores and the kids while she does her dirt.

Maybe I'm nitpicking or maybe there's something else going but I'm really not happy with my life and the way things are going. I've read about the 180 and that's what I want to do. I want to have more confidence and I want to work on me. I know I need to lost 50 lbs but I can't even find the energy or motivation to get to the gym. I want to be able to emotionally detach from her so I can show her that I don't need her in my life. It's just I can't find the energy. Between work, school, and taking care of the kids and the house, I have no time or energy to work on myself. I want to know how guys get motivated to get off their butt and turn their life around after going through what I am going through. Things may work out with her but I don't know. Either way, I want to know how I can rebuild my life and one day be happy again.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment