Pages

Search blog and web

Payback for Cinderella?

A few weeks ago, my work wife told me over lunch that she had tickets for a touring production of a musical version of Cinderella (Rogers and somebody?) playing at a theater downtown. This 50-ish staid professional woman was positively glowing with anticipation at the prospect of seeing this show. Evidently a television version of this play was run every year back in the days of four channels. She sang little songs in the lunchroom. I've never seen her so happy. I was a bit disturbed by the whole thing.

I told my real wife about this behavior when I got home from work. Her eyes also lit up and she began singing songs and dancing around. She then excitedly discovered that a DVD of this show was available on Amazon. Clicked instantly.

Well, it arrived today, and I have been informed that my plans for this evening are to make popcorn and snuggle on the couch and watch this thing with her. Good God.

I figure the only good that can come from this is the opportunity to exact some future consideration from agreeing to do this thing. It's not like I long for her to watch a hockey game with me, or go fishing, or such.

I need advice on what to request in return for this...evening.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment