Pages

Search blog and web

It is possible to become genuine friends with my one night stand?

  • Thread Starter

My ex boyfriend and I split up about 6 months ago and I haven't dated at all since. It was a bad break up and he hurt me very badly.

So basically I met this guy who I was immediately attracted to and liked. We ended up separating from the rest of the group and spending the whole night hanging out (and drinking) together. This lead to hanging out in his bed for the next 12 hours. The next morning, we went for it again, then chatted and spooned. All in all it was very good and rather nice.

However after reflecting I realised I'm not completely over my last relationship. It's still kind of sore. So I met this guy again through friends about two weeks later. He said that while it was very good, he doesn't usually have one night stands outside of a relationship and felt a little awkward about it. I said the same, and discovered that he was also not long out of a relationship either/also still hurting a bit. So then I asked him to be friends! And now we are going to meet for a drink next week which he said he is really looking forward to. However I spoke to his friend/our mutual friend, who said he didn't think this was possible. We seem to have things in common and feel comfortable enough to confide in the other, so why not? Has anyone done this successfully?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment