Pages

Search blog and web

What was your break up 'red flag?'

By break up red flag I mean the moment something changed/was the catalyst for the end of the relationship - even if it wasn't obvious. I'll give you an example to show what I mean.

Back in April my boyfriend (now ex) and I were getting ready to go out for dinner as we had many times before. Just before we went out he was fretting over his appearance and said "People will wonder what such a beautiful woman is doing with that tramp". It stopped me in my tracks - he had never said anything like this before, and I asked him not to call the man I loved a tramp. A month later he deleted all photographs of us citing that he 'looked awful'. In the end the relationship went from bad to worse, it turned out he had depression and he took it out on me. I loved him very much and tried to help him through it for about three months before I had to give up to look after myself. I was being dragged down so far I didn't know if I'd survive myself...

So basically, that single comment he had made months prior showed how terrible he was feeling/signified a shift. Though it seemed subtle at the time. Was there a moment that now, looking back, you realise was a major sign that it was the beginning of the end?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment