Pages

Search blog and web

Dated for 3.5 years...LDR starts, she cheats...don't know how to move forward at all.

Been dating a girl for 3.5 years. We were each others first boyfriend/girlfriend, first everything pretty much. Things were good, great even for most of the 3.5 years. I was and as I type this, still (don't know why) still in love her her.

I'm 20 and she's 19. Around a year and a half back, I left to the US for uni and we did the whole long distance gig for 3 months...it was tough but turned out okay. I had to return home due to some really unfortunate family circumstances. I was really down for a few months after coming home and she was my rock during all this.

Things looked amazing, she was always the one who brought up the future, said she saw us getting married in a few years and what not and I was really warming up to the idea. 3 months back she left to do a summer course in the US and start uni there after that.

She came back yesterday for a week she has off before her classes resume and she's told me that she's been sleeping with some dude from her halls for about 3 weeks. She says she's really sorry and it was all a stupid mistake but I just in disbelief.

I'm numb, I'm absolutely numb...she told me this and I just walked out, walked outside for about an hour wandering aimlessly. I'm devastated beyond belief...things were going so well in my life, I'd gained a fantastic internship for the year, have an unconditional offer to study at one of the best uni's in the UK next year but this has seriously sent my entire world crashing down. She said that she didn't realize how bad she messed up until she landed back home and was in tears as soon as she saw me.

Worst part is before she left she constantly brought up her fears about me staying faithful (I have a 100% clean record in this regard) and told me it would destroy her if I did. She told me this multiple ****** times. The irony.

She was the one, or at least I thought she was...I can't believe someone who I loved so much did this to me. I had a chance or two to cheat myself when she was away, or when I was at uni in the states for a short while and even though I was beyond drunk one time, cheating on her was unthinkable to me...so I'm just trying to understand how and why she's gone and done this...and for 3 ****** weeks.

The only person I've told thus far is my best friend and he's completely of the opinion that I should end things. I'm unsure of what to do, part of me wants to give her a piece of my mind, and cut off all contact but even after she told me she cheated and was crying as she did, my initial reflex was to comfort her (I didn't...I left the room in about 2 minutes after). She's been calling and texting non-stop. She's resorted to email now that I've turned my phone off.

Since she told me, I haven't said a word. I heard her tell me the story for about 2 minutes and left and its been around 7 hours and I haven't contacted her.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Anon since I know a couple people on the forum.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment