Pages

Search blog and web

reigniting an old (awkward) flame?

This is a rather long story but I'll give you some background.

Came to uni, met a nice girl in fresher's week. We hung out with her friends and that a few times, and I could sense there was something there, we had a lot in common too. One night I went back to hers, just to talk and drink tea, then I left to go back to my flat across town.

On my way home, she texts me saying she finds me a nice guy but she has a boyfriend. I think, that's cool, I've done nothing wrong here etc.

A few weeks later though, I go out again with her and somehow after too much gin we end up in my room and yeah..

To cut a long story short, out of feeling guilty and not wanting to seem like I'm trying to force her out of her relationship or anything, I've backed off for a couple of months now, and the result is that whenever I see her it's really, really awkward. I have however on a couple of occasions tried to drunk-dial her, which is super embarassing for me. I also still really like her, and I think that she's no longer in her relationship. Any tips on how to at least cure some of this awkwardness so I can just interact with her?

tl;dr I'm a terrible person who gets involved with spoken-for girls and I want to fix the awkward alienating mess I've dug myself into. Any tips?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment