Pages

Search blog and web

The guy I liked has a girlfriend and baby :S

  • Thread Starter

So I'm 21 and met this 29 year old older guy at work a few months ago. He's from a different department so didn't speak often but stupidly I really fell for him as he is quite smart. We've talked a few times as his department is meant to be doing some team building presentation in collaboration with mine, and I offered to lead it for mine just as he did for his. It's about 20 hours of extra work but I get a bonus of £200 for doing it. I am thinking of pulling out (which I can) as I never want to see him again.

I haven't let him know I liked him, but I'm worried it probably came across as I felt really awkward the other day and was practically hiding from him in the office when I saw him and suddenly he seemed to pick up on that and got really awkward and cold too. I'm also very friendly in general to people and sometimes it gets misinterpreted as flirty, though I haven't deliberately flirted with him at all. He works in one of the back office departments where people are really serious so the way I act would probably stand out to anyone in that office.

Anyway, I heard some other work mates talking about him in the cafeteria on Thursday and apparently he has a girlfriend and baby, which I didn't know about :S I don't fancy him any more because of that, ofc, but the problem is that I already think he knows I (used to) fancy him and it's so awkward!

How do I mitigate the awkwardness, and convince him I never did like him - should I just act in a really blunt and cold way? I can avoid him but I have to pull out of the presentation, should I do that? £200 for 20 hours is not a lot anyway, though I did want to do it as we get to travel to London all expenses paid as well... :S

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment