Pages

Search blog and web

Mother pressuring me to study medicine and criticises me repeatedly.

  • Thread Starter

Hi All

I studied GCSE's and didn't do too well, I left A-Levels due to mental health issues and am now studying a degree with the Open University which is convenient because of my mental health.

My mother has told me "If I knew you were not studying A-levels I would have forced you back into it". She also compares me to our relatives whose son has managed to study a Medicine related degree. She always states to me how my cousin has managed to become a Doctor. Now I was nearly on the verge of obtaining at third class degree due to health issues and she has stated "Everything has happened for the best of it" implying she wants me to redo my A-levels and study medicine after I am done with my "useless open university degree". Furthermore when I got terminated from my job she then again boasted how my cousin has become a doctor and tried to pressure me to study medicine.

I then told her the requirements of medicine and she said in our country we paid our fees by ourself, paid for the books ourself and done everything ourself. In this country you do not even have to do anything to study medicine.

The reason why she wants me to do study medicine is because there is respect and money. I would have studied medicine because I find the human body fascinating however I do not have the entry requirements to enter a university.

I kind of loose my temper when she brings this up and sometimes want to cry.

What should I say to her?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment