Pages

Search blog and web

How can I get my confidence back? Oneitis/Friendzone/Messed up

  • Thread Starter

I really need some help.

I met a girl, thought she was great, became friends. She told me from the get go she had a bf. Was a bit disappointed but at the time thought ok no worries we can be friends.

Over time, we became really close friends. And my feelings never went away. So as I got closer, my feelings became more stronger. Anyway, being an idiot, I admitted my feelings to her and she said I'm sorry I have a bf, don't be selfish, etc.

Anyway she did say to me, I can't think can't be friends coz I don't want you to be sad. I said no don't worry I'll be fine. And within a week we were talking like normal.

So over the past year she is pretty much the only girl I talk her. I haven't looked for other girls to talk to. I am just sort of stuck in a rut. I am not over her. I don't even know what I am doing, or what I am expecting to be honest.

I am in the friendzone I guess. Real deep.

I am also very attached and clingy towards her. I always stay with her at uni, she's pretty much my main (female) friend.

I am get very jealous when I see her talking to other guy friends. I can't control myself.

Anyway, I know I sound like a total idiot and pathetic but I am being honest here.

Today, she said to me, "why don't you talk to other girls?" "U won't find a gf if you don't even look around" etc etc.

And BOOM. That hit a nerve. I thought to myself, WTF is wrong with me? Why am I running around after this girl. I am doing everything for her, I am always available for her. I'm not treating her like a friend. I am doing too much for her, and when she doesn't do the same for me, I get hurt and upset etc.

So, my question to you guys is how do I change myself? What do I need to do? I am serious here and I have realised so many mistakes I have made with said girl. Some examples being:
- too clingy/attached
- not talking to other girls
- being her b*** I guess you could say
- getting upset over small things
- basically just not acting like a man
- getting jealous when I have no right to

I really like this girl. Like no other. But we can never be together. I need to get over her. I see her all the time in uni and it is hard seeing her knowing I like her but I HAVE TO CHANGE.

So can anyone offer me some tips or advice as to what I need to do, how I can change my bad habits mentioned above and anything else that might be helpful to me?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment