Pages

Search blog and web

Staying friends with a girl when you still have feelings for her?

  • Thread Starter

I met an amazing girl who was on my course in October in uni. We shared the same classes etc. We started talked and became friends. I thought she was great. I then asked her if she had a boyfriend. She said she did. I was disappointed because I really liked her. I then dropped the topic and didn't talk my feelings to her.

Anyway, a few months went by and we became more closer friends. We talked all the time. Then I felt my feelings beginning to develop again for her.

Just a little bit of background info about her boyfriend. He lives in another country. They have been together for the last 4years. It's a long distance relationship. She told her mum about him in September but her mum didn't like him and she told her to stop talking to him. She did stop talking to the guy, but then started talking again as she realised she really loves him. Obviously her family doesn't know she is talking to him now.
She has met the guy only once which was in September. The first time she met him, she was in her country, at a concert, and he came over and have her a piece of paper with his number on it. Anyway that's a bit of context for that.

Also her plan is to tell her family about him again in 2 years (when she finishes university). She believes she can convince them.

I indirectly told her about my feelings for her and she said:
She said u know I have a boyfriend, I love him very much. Etc.
That I shouldn't be selfish.
I said I'm sorry.

Anyway, then I said to her I don't want to ruin our friendship.
And then she said:

We can't be friends. And that I should delete her from Facebook.

After a few times of me apologising, she said that she is thinking of me, and that she doesn't want to see me sad

I said to her don't worry I won't be sad. I just want to be friends with u, I'm sorry etc.

Then she eventually she ok. She said don't talk about love etc. And that she loves her boyfriend very much.

I said yes ok I won't. Then I asked her are u angry with me? She said no, she is very sad.

Anyway the next day I messaged her again and apologised again.

She replied ok thank you.

Ok now we are talking again as normal.

I still have feelings for her, but I can't tell her about it again. I don't want to ruin our friendship.

So I just wanted some of your views on this.

I know some of you will say I am silly for still being friends with her. I know people say you can't be friends with someone you have feelings for but I don't know.

I don't know what to do. Unrequited love is the worst feeling ever.

It's currently the summer holidays so I haven't seen her for 2 months and I won't see her until October.

I know she loves somebody else and I should accept that but I am always thinking about her.

I really don't know what to do.

I could really use some constructive advice.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment