Pages

Search blog and web

2nd separation but really want my marriage to work

We have been married for 21 years and going through our 2nd separation (currently separated 6 months) The first separation was two years ago and we were split for 6 months when we decided to reconcile. I truly believe that we reconciled too quickly and didn't give ourselves the proper time to work on us before he came back. I believe the reason he came back is because I pursued relentlessly and he really wanted his marriage to work. We stayed together a year but the same problems remained. Fighting over non-important things, allowing the fights to escalate to name calling, not making each other feel like spouses should and allowing our resentment to grow. He decided that the best thing for our family is to end the marriage (separation because he says he doesn't want to divorce) and he moved out. HOWEVER, we have spent a lot of time together both as a couple and as a family. Having good times but still fighting once in a while, usually about relationship or kids. He has always been adamant that we were not going to be together as a married couple again. But obviously he still enjoys spending time with me. He tells me he loves me more than anything and will always take care of me.

Last week after a big discussion about our marriage he came over to the house and said, "I want to work on our marriage" music to my ears. Two days later we get into an argument (parenting argument) and he says that he sees clearly that we just cannot get along.

He has begun online dating which I know is a big flag for no reconciliation and once I found that out I did the worst thing possible I flew off the handle and did everything that you're not suppose to do.

What should I do now? We are both at fault equally for the failure of our marriage. But I truly believe that we can figure things out if we just work on ourselves first and then bring a better us to the marriage.

Thanks for listening and thanks in advance for the support.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment