Pages

Search blog and web

Hubby mad at Dad

Hi all! I'm new here so here goes lol...

I've been married to my hubby for the past 14 years. My folks live in another state. Well, I went to go visit with them this past spring and my brakes went out when I got there! Luckily I was so close to my folks home that I made it there! Phew! My dad is the type who loves to help and fix things. He got a hold of his auto shop and made an appt to bring the car in for repairs. That was a Friday evening. We got the car in. The next day, Saturday, we both were surprised that the shop closes at noon on Saturdays, so they didn't get to look at the car yet. Sundays they are closed. Monday came by and they finally went to look at it after some calls from me and my dad. They did get it fixed on Monday. My dad and I went to go pick up the car, I went to give the shop guy my credit card and my dad proceeded to try to pay for it himself. My dad is the kind of guy that doesn't easily take no for an answer. He got his way and paid for it. I know he was trying to help.
Now, the problem is... My hubby who is sometimes a "hot head" but is a good guy, and never disrespectful, proceeded to complain to the BBB about the shop because he says that the time for the repairs was too long (the car was only in the shop over the weekend and fixed on Monday). This is the shop my dad uses all the time and they did fix the brakes.
My dad was contacted by the shop about the complaint to the BBB! They had my dad's phone number as a "local number" when we brought the car in. My dad is furious at my hubby and wants him to withdraw the complaint.
My hubby refuses to do so and wants me to stay out of it. I don't want to get in the middle of this, but this has put a strain on our relationship for sure!
I love my dad and I also love my husband. I can't fix this for them and it is killing me that they are upset with one another. Now when I go visit my folks it won't include hubby. No family reunions with hubby and dad present. No folks going to visit me with hubby around.

Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill? It cuts me deeply that my hubby can't come around to at least working things out with my dad if he can't work out the complaint.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment