Pages

Search blog and web

Husband's father has died, mother is ill and he refuses to seek help

My husband's parents have been ailing for many months, his dad of old age and his mom of heart problems and strokes. His mom broke her pelvic bone last week (from a fall) and his dad passed the next day. My husband was very close to his parents despite being thousands of miles away. He and his brother have been doing the best to manage their parents home health care from afar in the midst of their busy schedule.

The last six months have been agonizing for me as my husband has been dealing with his grief and stress by yelling at me for the smallest and insignificant things. It's gotten to the point where it's almost intolerable because if I point out to him that he is out of line, he goes into a rampage on how living with me is no cake walk and that I repeatedly "disappoint" him.

When I suggested that he needed to go talk to someone, he got angry and said he doesn't think he is close to melting down b/c he dealing with his frustrations as they come up aka, letting me know when I've done something to upset him. He then becomes upset with me if he doesn't feel "loved and appreciated". I keep trying to explain how his behavior towards me is affecting our relationship but he doesn't want to listen and he tells me that I am insensitive.

I've scheduled an appointment for myself to talk to a therapist about the issues on hand but I am wondering if anyone who has experienced this has any advice.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment