Pages

Search blog and web

2nd date with girl and nothing- should I cut my losses and move on to the next one?

  • Thread Starter

I'm a guy in his mid 20s who's just been on two dates with a girl of the same age group (so not quite undergrads any more like most of the people on here). We met via Tinder (it's actually much less of a hookup app than I had imagined, you actually meet normal people there like you would anywhere).

Anyway after the 2nd date it seems that things are really going nowhere.

For context I thought I'd mention that though no longer a virgin, I am still relatively inexperienced in the realm of dating.

We have not held hands or kissed, the greeting at the start/end of the date has been exactly the same every time: a light hug and an air cheek kiss.
On the date everything seems to be going well and the conversation is flowing but it just seems more friendly than romantic (and absolutely not going in the direction that you'd think if you met someone off Tinder).
She doesn't really seem enthusiastic about texting (while as other girls I've dated have been generally been much more responsive). At the end of our last date, I was kind of going for a mouth kiss but she seemed to turn away so it ended up as another cheek one.

Though she's really nice and the dates go well and she says she enjoys them (well the 2 so far), I'm not that into her to wait it out in the hopes that at some point down the line things will turn for the friskier/more romantic side.

As now its come to the time of the third date, I think this is a bit of a milestone/thinking point where one would have to decide whether they keep dating someone or move on to the next person because at the moment it seems like things are not going anywhere. Or I'm just terrible at reading girls and she's hoping that I'd make more of a move, I really can't tell.

So what would you do? 2 dates and nothing yet. Those stories of 3rd date sex are just fairy tales to my ears.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment