Pages

Search blog and web

My Dates Since Seperating....

I had my first girlfriend at 19 who eventually became my wife just over 5 years ago. We're currently going through the divorce process as we've been having issues for over 2 years now. My wife moved into the apartment in our house in April of 2012 and officially moved out of the house completely in October 2012. We're still working on the divorce. I began dating about a month and a half after she left the house.

I signed up for the online dating services last October and it's been pretty awful. I've talked to a bunch, went out with 5 or 6 but am still single. They all claim to be nice and normal but slowly the truth comes out.

The first girl was just OK. To be honest, I was just happy to go out with someone after my separation. lol There were three dates and each one she was late. Not a minute late, not 5 minutes late but over 30 minutes late for each one. Not to sound like an a hole, but it's not like she got all dressed up with makeup and nail polish and stuff. She also was very familiar with the places we went so it's not like she got lost or anything like that. NEXT!

Next girl I was only talking to online or by text for 2 days as I was really sick with the stuffy nose, hacking cough and the usual nonsense. I told her I wanted to talk on the phone but that I was really sick and didn't feel like actually talking, but texting was OK. She called me anyway and I picked up and she could hear how sick I was and even commented on it. She also proceeded to tell me about her ex hubby who made her life miserable through the divorce and also broke into her house to take some stuff. He was also an oxy/vicodin kind of guy. These were all great things to hear from a girl on the initial phone conversation. NEXT!

Next girl was better. We got along good and she seemed sweet. Everything was going well until I got to her house after a few dates. The place stunk like cats with cats toys and cat furniture and cat stuff everywhere. I'm not a cat person and am really allergic with the runny nose, watery eyes, etc.... She also really didn't have a job. NEXT!

Next girl looked great in pics but was definitely chunkier in person. It was weird. She managed to take flattering shots that made her look a lot better then she was. That was fine because we got along great but then the lies began. To start, she said she worked at a dance studio. If you're like me, you're thinking she's a dancer. Nope. She never danced in her life, knew nothing about dance but did the billing at the dance studio. While she wasn't lying about her job, she was leading me on about it. She also put that she lived in an upper class town but later said she lived in a much lower class town. One of the poorest around here. She went on a family vacation for a week and the only time I heard from her was when I contacted her first. When I questioned her about it she said that she wasn't with her ex. Being I had never said asked if she was with the ex or anything like that leads me to believe she WAS with the ex. NEXT!

Next girl had pictures of herself in a convertible, playing tennis and jogging. She was also studying to be a doctor. Cool! I like being active. The first date I ask her about the tennis and jogging and she said she doesn't jog and that picture was the only time she played tennis. The convertible also wasn't hers. NEXT!!

Next girl was a single mom with a young kid. Never married. When we went out she knew lots of bartenders at different bars, where they worked, when they worked etc..... Seemed to be too much of a party girl. Also, the baby's daddy lived a few apartments away. NEXT!

Last one might be the winner. Three great dates and the fourth date was dinner at her house. She was divorced with a young kid. No problems for me there. Anyway, we're watching TV in her living room when she gets up to close the blinds because the ex hubby only lives a few houses away and that's where the son was that night. About an hour or two later she says that her and her entire family think I look just like the ex hubby. I was also informed that the ex hubby and I shared some characteristics. If these things weren't weird enough, even though she ate meat, she didn't like BACON! Who doesn't like BACON? I could stick bacon in my cycling shorts and do a 3 hour ride in the dead of summer and devour that bacon afterwards.

The bacon girl ended a few weeks ago and I put all my dating stuff on hold for a few months after that. My job is just too busy this time of year and with the holidays upon us it's just too much on my plate to look for someone right now. I'll sign back up on February 15 when the nonsense is over. :)

Am I being too picky?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment