Pages

Search blog and web

Help - engaged and been together 5 years!!

Hi,

I have been with my fiancée for 5 years, I proposed to her a year ago and we are due to marry in the new year.

I have told her that I am not happy, that I don't love her like I used to.

She is a wonderful woman, caring, intelligent, unselfish, popular, loving, beautiful and very successful at work. We do get time together, albeit not as much as regular couples would normally but we live together and see each other pretty much everyday.

The problem is that I feel I'm not in love with her but I love her as a friend/family member. I do not have any sexual attraction to her anymore....we haven't been intimate for nearly 2 years now! I thought my love for her was enough to get me through that and maybe once we were married we would have children and that would just satisfy me......I now feel that is not the case and that is a horrible thing to think when she is such a wonderful woman and deserves so much more then that. If someone who did not know us was to look into our relationship from the outside they would think we were best mates who live together.

We have the same mates, both families get along together and I can't fault her apart from a few small things such as her temper, she is very highly strung and the loss of my feelings. I have told this and we are having some space at the moment but she is in bits and really struggling to cope.

I do feel that I was pressured into proposing and maybe I just wasn't ready for it and it's built up inside me.

Any thoughts out there??

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment