Pages

Search blog and web

6 months of trying for a baby...

...and no joy. I am 32, my wife is 36. We left it a little late, I admit!

We have been trying since June, reasonably regularly. The thing is, my wife has really taken it to heart that she hasn't got pregnant yet. She measures her temperature every morning because she thinks that's a way to tell in advance when she'll be ovulating, and religiously records the results. She is always talking about how her periods are not as regular as other women. She frets about it a lot, and whenever she meets her friends (who mostly have kids at this age) she comes home depressed and moody.

I try to be as supportive as best I can, but I'm starting to get to the stage now where I think that if we were a bit more relaxed and less pressured about things, it could only be to the good. I'm also getting beyond the point where I know what to say any more - there are only so many times you can say, "Let's not get depressed about it because that won't do anybody any good".

We're going to have a meeting with the doctor about it in the New Year, but does anybody have any advice? What does a husband say to his wife when she's down about it, other than that I'm with her and want kids too, but let's not get depressed?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment