Pages

Search blog and web

Some different perspective please

For the past 24 years I have done the joint tax returns for my ex and I. When we were going thru the dissolution I was under the impression that there was some possibility of reconciliation mainly due to things that she said. Later I found out this was all part and parcel of her manipulation to get what she wanted. So during this time I gave her the first two pages of our tax returns. She was a W-2 employee, her income is reported and the taxes paid are on those pages. I was self employed and had various schedules and work sheets and deductions that I took. I figured since she wanted out, my business is none of her business. Which is why she only got the first two pages.
So today she finally opens the returns (which she desperately needed at the time - 3 months ago) and realizes it is just the first 2 pages. So she emails me after blowing me off several times when I wanted to talk, to say she needs the complete return with all of the schedules, work sheets etc. I told her no.
I told her that until she can start acting civil and start treating me with the respect deserving of someone who was the father of her children and loyal spouse for 24 years she would get nothing more from me.
The fact is that if she had any brains at all she would realize that she could get this info from the IRS. She has everything she needs to do that, but now that she needs them for some reason, she thinks it is ok to ask me for it, even though she couldn't be bothered when I needed some common decency from her. So am I wrong?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment