Pages

Search blog and web

Doeas anyone else feel their parents have supressed them?

  • Thread Starter

Anon because it's very personal.
ie, dreams, potential, identity, fulfillment? Not that they don't mean well and care, but there is selfishness across that generation, there's mixed motives, and I feel a lot of stigma and judgment around everything I do. I can kind of see what I could be like without them, callous as it sounds-I appreciate the education, having some money etc, and moral guidance a bit, dunno if I'd be happy growing up working class with football hooligans and people whio like fighting for example. But they can be too intimately linked to you, second guessing you, caring too much, and even people around you might notice and say it's your life. I just long for that sense of determining your destiny, fulfilling dreams, and there's always been something very stifling and freedom crushing there. Yes I have had te education(not private) lived in quite a nice house, they care, are not divorced etc, but I see a load of people who don't have these things who got off the ground better. It's actually b een not conducive to enterprise or forging my own destiny or relationships-people can be too invested, knowing too much, and the bond not separated because they don't trust you with yourself, and subconsciously, me being youngest, I think they want to keep you babied, close to them. I can always feel that thing of how 'you can't do that', it's silly, it'll go wrong etc. I wouldn;t want to be born an oprhan, but there is balance on any spectrum, between too much investment and judgement hanging around someones neck. It's stifling. As regards values, well I'm not like them or other people that much, I can think for myself and am quite conservative in some ways, not other, so it's hardly like had it been different I'd be homeless or smoking crack, in fact I think I'd just be aiming less higher on any status/location ladder, but having graduated, respecting ymself and making a new life.

Anyway, I'm not bitter, but I know this stuff is true.

Does anyone else feel like however much you love them, you'll never make truly free decisions and feel the sky open up before you, and feel possibilities, when they are gone?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment