Pages

Search blog and web

My partner is usually opinionless and has poor communication HELP!!!

My partner of 2.5 years never really has opinion about anything and its drives me crazy, I don't know what to do.

For instance, if we're asked to do something with a group of people that doesn't sound very appealing to me, like a vacation or something, he will never say that he doesn't like the idea either, even when I'm saying I don't. His "silence" or apathy, makes me feel like maybe he likes the idea and just doesn't want to offend me, so I'll just do what I THINK he wants to do, which would be to go with the rest of the group - it's usually not until it's too late or after the fact that I learn how badly he wasn't interested either, and that annoys me so much.

I'm very vocal, very opinionated. I feel I have a small ego, because its usually (if not always) me that admits when I'm wrong, or if I make a mistake, and I always apologize when I'm not right. He rarely ever apologizes. I honestly can't think of the last time he apologized during an argument. He usually justifies his wrongs. Example - "Well I wouldn't have done that if..."

I feel our communication sucks.

If we're having a problem that needs to be discussed, it will not be addressed until I start the conversation. And that's annoying, because we will literally be mad until I feel it's time talk everything out.

He never has an issue with anything until after I address it.

And when we do have these conversations, I can always expect him to blurt out an ambiguous statement, that could be referring to several different things, but when I question him about it he'll back down and not clarify himself.

I also think the communication may also be rooted to our families. I've noticed his family doesn't really talk about or mention touchy or uncomfortable topics, while my family is the total opposite - I would say my family even over-communicates. But that's just a thought..

Geez, feels so good to type all this out - I feel like I just did therapy lol

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment