Pages

Search blog and web

Life with trophy wife 20 years later

First and foremost I do want to say I love my wife and she's done absolutely nothing to lead me to this point. She is who I married.

Issue is 20 years later as we're growing older I'm finding my priorities changing and she cannot satisfy these priorities. What was important to me 20 years ago has been replaced with wanting to have a companion who I can have a conversation with, someone I can share hobbies with, someone I have things in common with.

Now that our son is older we seem to have nothing in common, I become frustrated with her lack of interest in anything other than shopping and going to the gym, her refusal to better herself. For instance, it's difficult having a conversation with someone who cannot name the Vice President of the US or even the capital of the state we moved to 5 years ago.

I find myself becoming increasingly frustrated when she'll ask me for help with the most basic things like asking me what half of a 1/4 cup is.

Dinners conversation lasts less than a couple of minutes, phone calls home when I travel are practically silent.

I've suggested she read a book, take a class, become involved in something to better herself but she shows no interest.

I do not think I can continue to live like this and fear divorce may be the only way to maintain my sanity. I cannot imagine living out my retirement years with someone who cannot engage in a conversation or the extent of her conversation skills last less than a couple of minutes.

I suppose for years I dealt with this because she was the trophy wife, as I grow older I suppose I'm needing more substance than beauty.

I've been faithful to my wife, however, I will admit it's becoming increasingly difficult. My job puts me in positions where I meet and interact with accomplished women; I find myself greatly enjoying dinners with them, drinks etc. Long conversations covering a wide variety of topics, very stimulating.

I find myself feeling bad for her as she's done nothing wrong, she is who I married but I see a miserable future ahead.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment