Pages

Search blog and web

When's too soon to ask her out? Is there such a thing?

  • Thread Starter

Met a girl at work a fortnight ago - hilariously mistook her for another colleague in her department who she had a passing resemblance to from a distance. We do get on quite well, I'm probably the person she's spoken the most to since she joined and she always smiles and has consistently brilliant eye contact.

I was walking her out to the car park earlier this afternoon and just felt that connection. We were talking about films and one she wanted to see, when I felt tempted to ask her if she wanted to see it together but I stopped myself right there because I thought that at a fortnight it was far too soon to seriously consider a relationship with her - despite her being pretty much one of the nicest girls I have met in a long time.

Should I have just taken a chance? Seeing her tomorrow, and no doubt I'll probably try to return to that film topic and make that move. Should I just go for it and take this opportunity to get to know her better, or should I hold off and continue talking to her and get to know her better before making that move?

One thing which complicates this is that I am actively trying to shift department and if I am successful I'd never work alongside her again unless I volunteered to help out (and that's not going to happen for various reasons).

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment