Pages

Search blog and web

Scared of introducing my boyfriend to my parents

  • Thread Starter

I do realise how petty I sound but I honestly cant help it.

im 20 almost 21 and he is 24. We have been together for almost 10 months. He has moved from his home town to be with me and I havent even got the courage to say to my parents: "oh by the way I have a boyfriend and would love for you to meet him". I literally feel sick at the thought. It's worrying me and is on my mind all the time. I want to be able to show him off but hide whenever I see someone we know (what the hell?). I would love to do normal couple things like have him over for dinner or cuddle and watch a film at my house but I'm so terrified of telling my parents so we cant do these things. I'm close with both my mum and dad but up until I was about 18 I never really mentioned male friends or anything... my dad still thinks I think boys have cooties like a 5yr old... this obviously doesnt help me any.

I'm not embarassed of him in anyway and I love him dearly.

I play scenarios out in my head and they never end well. I know im an adult and shouldnt care but I do /:

Has anyone got any advice or ever been in the same situation before? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks.
Posted from TSR Mobile

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment