Pages

Search blog and web

Mom Was Being Inappropriate Online: Thoughts?

My mom posted an old picture of my cousin and I last night. It was a cute picture and I think that we were around 3 or 4 when it was taken. However, she posted on the comments section that she had blackmail pictures of us in the bathtub and me on the potty that she was going to post on Facebook if I didn't make a visit back home.

I have been bad and I haven't been back to visit my parents since Christmas. I live about 5 hours away and my mom hasn't really been taking my living so far away too great. It's as if I betrayed her or something the way she acts sometimes. I would have visited by now, and in the past I have been pretty good about it, but this year I have been busy. This winter was horrible and it was hard to travel a whole lot then, and then when spring came, I had the garden and all that to take care of. However, every time I ask her to visit, she comes up with excuses like "I can't drive down there all alone", or "I don't think the dogs will like it there". She came down with my father last October for my birthday, and they all did fine. And then they can spend all this money to go to the lake every weekend, but they won't spend a penny to come see me. I think it should go both ways, unless they are truly physically unable to come out there, and they have proven that they are physically ab le to.

That being said, let me ask you all this: is it ever appropriate (jokingly or not) for a mother to threaten to blackmail their daughter publicly on a social media forum to get her way? Or I am just taking her way too seriously.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment