Pages

Search blog and web

Disneyland parenting

Do any of you have advice for handling a Disneyland parent? One of the major reasons my wife filed for separation was because I protested the lifestyle she and the kids (9 and 3) shared. She regularly gets season passes to the zoo, museums, children's museums, amusement parks, movies, and many other places. Upon news we were separating, her parents paid for a 10 day trip to Disneyland. Now, a few months later, they're on a three week vacation to the Oregon Coast and Yellowstone.

I know that I have little recourse to change any of that behavior, but it leaves me in a pair of problems. One, everything there is to do around town - they've done it with her already. And Two, when it comes time for my weekends with them, they're usually exhausted. During the school year, they'll usually hit at least one of those places a week, and 4 or 5 of them a week over the summer. I really like spending time with the kids, and like to focus on what it is THEY want to do, but it tends to lead to weekends of naps, downtime, and tv/books. Not horrible, but I'd like to be able branch out a bit, you know?

Any advice/success stories?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment