Pages

Search blog and web

I only like him as a friend.

  • Thread Starter

I've never been in this situation before so to some of you it might not be a big deal but it's so hard for me right now.

So this guy ive been friends with for the last two years at uni, told me today over fb that he 'really likes me' I don't know how to be honest with him without being mean, i've only ever been in this situation once, but its was in person kind of went on a date with and ended up on feeling the strong feelings he was back..
Im scared its going to make our friendship awkward. I won't be seeing him for a while due to finishing Uni now.
but He never asked me out, just told me he really likes me in that way. the thing is (and this will sound stupid to some people) but i'm not fully over my ex boyfriend yet and don't really feel ready to commit to dating...etc.
I never normally limit myself to age,looks or personalities when it comes to people. but i don't see him anymore as a friend. He's 12 years older then me. but he's really really shy. so i don't want to hurt his feelings by saying he is not my type and that I dont like him like that..

Either way Im worried im going to make him upset or embarrassed or him never speak to me again, seeing as he built up the courage to tell me. I feel SO bad! The only thing i've written back is that i'm really flattered, but he's asked me how i feel, but haven't answered yet.

any advice on what i could say back or a way of saying it nicely? being as i find it hard to express myself or what i'm thinking clearly for others to understand.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment