Pages

Search blog and web

Too shy but I think I have feelings for someone

  • Thread Starter

Basically, I like a boy at university, I think he seems very sensitive and different from most people I have met, but I am very shy and think it might be off putting.

To put it into context(I am sorry if this is long):

Towards the end of last term,one of the girls who lives in the flat with my friends told me that a boy who lives on another floor, who she knows fairly well, who I had seen quite a lot of times going in and out of the building and had talked to once briefly, had asked her for my number and whether it would be ok if he texted me but she didn't give it to him.

She said he had been asking her a lot of questions about what I was like and had said that I was different from other girls and really nice to him. I was surprised he thought this about me because we only talked for a minute and it was about something very trivial. Although, I got a similar impression of him though at the time.

On another occasion she said that he didn't want my number because he wanted to go about getting to know me in the right way. He asked her if he could meet me in person but I never got the chance to and then we had a long break for Easter.

Since then I have been told by lots of people about how much this girl has let many people down,tells lies and puts any chance of getting male attention before thinking of her friends and I have witnessed this to some extent. A friend of mine said that she had feelings for someone and told this girl who started flirting with him as soon as she met him. It seems a bit like she wants what other people have or the people they could potentially be with, as this has happened with other people too. Also people say that she has slept with several boys who have girlfriends.

She told me that the boy I like didn't want to break my heart because he thinks I am too sweet. Also, at the beginning of last term she had said that she would like to be with him because he's a good boy and would treat her well. She told my friend at the start of this term that she thinks he just wants to be single. I'm not really sure what to think, as I don't know whether she is telling the truth.

I have been seeing him quite a bit,walking past me but always with the boys he lives with, though he seems very nice and down to earth they are quite intimidating because they are very exclusive about who they talk to.

Each time I have seen him, they have been in the middle of conversations, I haven't said hi and have looked away because of this and because I just feel awkward because I haven't really spoken to him properly. I did see him on his own once but he had his headphones on and I only managed a very small smile and he said nothing but gave me a sort of smile back.

I get the impression that he is shy too from his demeanour and because he didn't ask me directly for my number.

I think something that stops me having confidence, is that my ex-boyfriend who I broke up with before I started uni treated me like I didn't matter at all to him.

Although I am shy, once I get to know people I can become at ease quite quickly and I think if I had the chance to speak to him properly I would be much less awkward. I am generally a very happy person and just wish I could project this in this situation.

I think it is likely that my behaviour makes me seem like I am uninterested, though he must know that I am shy. I think it may be too late to show him that I am interested in him.

If someone reads this and replies to this I will be very grateful.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment