Pages

Search blog and web

Lost the spark

I'm just so confused about my relationship right now. Me and my boyfriend have been going out for one and a half years now, and have generally had a really good, strong, and loving relationship. However, recently I feel like since I've been at Uni, I just don't feel as strongly about him as I did before. I still love him, I know that much, but sex just isn't appealing as it once was and just feels a bit like routine. I also have suffered with pretty bad anxiety recently and get into a negative spiral of doubts, working myself up into a state and convincing myself I should just end it, when that isn't what I want.

I still get excited about speaking to him on the phone and seeing him in person. He knows that I've been having doubts recently about the relationship and doesn't feel any of them himself - he loves me very much and wants to be with me.

Sometimes it feels more like we're best friends than anything else. I'm not sure if we've reached the companionship stage of the relationship, where love matures and deepens, or whether I've simply lost interest for him.

I don't want to leave him as he's such a massive part of my life and means so much to me. I also wouldn't feel like we've given a proper 'go' of it yet, him being at home and me being at uni. I'm still attracted to him sexually, I often daydream about us having sex and sexual fantasies. But I'm concious of the fact that he seems to feel extremely strongly for me and I don't know if I feel as strongly for him.

I guess what I'm asking is; should I give it a little while longer, make more of an effort during sex, and keep up the relationship? People say that love comes and goes during couples, and I do still love him, just not as much as I have in the past, I think. He truly understands me and is the most loving, supportive and sweet guy I could ask for, with many amazing qualities.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment