Pages

Search blog and web

Living with BPD wife

I read the posts on this forum frequently, but never really post anything. I must say that it is very comforting knowing there are so many others out there that are dealing with the same/similar situations that I am.

I have been married for 7 years and my wife has BPD. She routinely speaks with a therapist and psychiatrist. I have been extremely patient and compromising, but it certainly wears me thin! We have a 4 year old son, who at times, can be very taxing on my nerves as well. To be quite honest, I think my wife is worse than my 4 year old most of the time.

Even knowing the effects of BPD, I find myself having and expressing little sympathy for her. My mind and personality simply thinks "suck it up, quit acting like a child!" I hate the fact that all her prefessional help wants to do is prescribe some pill that turns her into a zombie with no emotions. She has been through several different meds and they all have pretty much the same effect, just to varying degrees. Having been dealing with her issues for several years and knowing what the medicine is doing to her body, we have decided to attempt to cope with her BPD without any medications.

The withdrawl symptoms are absolutely insane!!! She has been on the meds for 4 years and enough is enough. It is time to learn to deal with this without the meds. Is there any readers out there who are currently dealing with BPD without taking medication? I would be curious to hear how things are progressing and what advice you might have.

It's difficult to talk to my wife about my feelings on this because it usually just leads to an argument about how I am not being supportive or understanding. I try to be honest about how I feel, what I think, and offer suggestions for what I feel would work for our situation.

Thanks for reading!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment