Pages

Search blog and web

Tobacco is the worst

(Vent thread... nvm me)

Why I decided NOW would be a good time to quit smoking cold turkey I have no idea... I am stressed with work, but newly infactuated dating a non-smoker who works in healthcare - who unlike my wife - completely despises smoking and doesn't know I'm more than a 'social smoker'. Now I can of course, sneak one in here and there - I do it all the time.

But no... I'm in a lot better shape recently since working out extensively and found myself rather unfit, my coughing is getting bad, real bad, and the city is becoming more and more non-smoking. Still... WHY THIS TIME?! WHY NOW? During the busiest seasons of the year for my business, with my staff being smokers as well and I normally smoke with them from time to time, and they might fear I might go all "non-smoking a$$hole boss" to them once I quit - I know I would!

So I cleaned my apartment of all traces of tobacco, papers, packets, filters... and during the cause of it all, the cravings. I fought it, why when you decide to quit - the cravings are the strongest?! I couldn't take it and went to the pharmacy to buy some nicotine gums. Didn't read the instructions as I was craving so bad and chewed it like crazy giving myself a sore throat.

Went home... decided to sleep off the cravings, slept with a gum in my mouth, missed dinner, now starving and defrosting meat in the middle of the night and having to be at work in 5 hours. I went around my apartment looking for just a hint of tobacco, found papers... found filters, and made a herbal cigarette, which helped only minorly.

*sigh*
I've picked the worst time to quit, unrealistic, yet I want to prove to myself that I can do it... but am I biting off more than I can chew? Fk I have to work in a few hours... *craving starts again just thinking about it*

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment