So what did you guys think of the new Hobbit film, The Desolation of Smaug?
Overall I liked it.
I liked the new female elf. I thought she brought some balance to an otherwise testosterone-feuled guy ride. I thought the burgeoning love affair with the dwarf was a bit far fetched though...
Good to see Orlando Bloom back as Legolas. You can definitetly see how eleven years and three pirate movies have given him more gravitas as actor.
Beorn was a huge disappointment. I wanted Guillermo del Torro to use some of his pull and have Jackson give the part to Ron Pearlman.
The Lake Town part was a letdown. Too much time spent there and I didn't like the warty, dirty, dingy townfolk. Tolkien painted Laketown as sort of a pleasant place. Jackson's Laketown was more like a Nicaraguan shanty town.
The Lonely Mountain and the dragon were badazz. The special effects were awesome, but a bit too much for this guy's aging brain. The action sequences in 3D left me a bit queazy and overstimulated. I actually had a headache by the time the movie was over.
I liked the part where Gandalf goes to Dol Goldur to see if Saruman was there. Good tie-in to the LOTR movies.
I like how Jackson gave Radaghast the Brown more play in these movies than in the book. It's a good character.
Overall I liked it.
I liked the new female elf. I thought she brought some balance to an otherwise testosterone-feuled guy ride. I thought the burgeoning love affair with the dwarf was a bit far fetched though...
Good to see Orlando Bloom back as Legolas. You can definitetly see how eleven years and three pirate movies have given him more gravitas as actor.
Beorn was a huge disappointment. I wanted Guillermo del Torro to use some of his pull and have Jackson give the part to Ron Pearlman.
The Lake Town part was a letdown. Too much time spent there and I didn't like the warty, dirty, dingy townfolk. Tolkien painted Laketown as sort of a pleasant place. Jackson's Laketown was more like a Nicaraguan shanty town.
The Lonely Mountain and the dragon were badazz. The special effects were awesome, but a bit too much for this guy's aging brain. The action sequences in 3D left me a bit queazy and overstimulated. I actually had a headache by the time the movie was over.
I liked the part where Gandalf goes to Dol Goldur to see if Saruman was there. Good tie-in to the LOTR movies.
I like how Jackson gave Radaghast the Brown more play in these movies than in the book. It's a good character.
Put the internet to work for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment