and is it healthy to even think of yourself as superior/inferior to others?
I will take my girlfriend as the example. Basically I feel inferior to her.
I might have unreasonable standards about it though.
-> She is slim and beautiful-> I am skinny, but that translates as weak and beta IRL, so she wins
-> She does Biology-> I do English, but science is harder than humanities anyway and more useful IRL, so she wins and is smarter than me
-> She has lots of friends in uni -> I don't have many, most are outside. But I should have more in uni, so she wins and is better than me
-> She does various voluntary schemes and has been nominated for several awards-> I have a part-time job and am trying to apply for PGCE. But she already has it, and she is younger than me, so she is ahead of me, so she wins
-> I am a 'nice guy', a gentleman and really sweet I am told-> but **** that, who really cares about that IRL
-> She is a virgin because she is religious -> I am a virgin because lol, I struggle to get it up some days. But a 21 year old male should have got laid by now, ergo she is better than me
Incidentally I picked this tendency up from having to mach up to my genius older brother and part-time model sister. So I am bound to be 'piggy in the middle'
I spent quite a long time trying to improve myself but it ended in anxiety,d expression and a mild eating disorder-> I guess I should have tried harder.
People say that I really be a myself up a lot but I think I'm just being realistic because I have an inferiority complex and do wonder whether there are people who are just, well, better people than me, or someone else. And all this 'it's on the inside that counts' bul**** is bull****, and 'just be yourself' is *******s because yourself is inferior to person X. You see my logic? I struggle to apply that scale of human hierarchy to the rest of the population though, although logically that's what I should do.
I don't know what to do. It's hard to be happy when you have to see life as one massive competition otherwise you will be seen as a loser and fail at life.
I will take my girlfriend as the example. Basically I feel inferior to her.
I might have unreasonable standards about it though.
-> She is slim and beautiful-> I am skinny, but that translates as weak and beta IRL, so she wins
-> She does Biology-> I do English, but science is harder than humanities anyway and more useful IRL, so she wins and is smarter than me
-> She has lots of friends in uni -> I don't have many, most are outside. But I should have more in uni, so she wins and is better than me
-> She does various voluntary schemes and has been nominated for several awards-> I have a part-time job and am trying to apply for PGCE. But she already has it, and she is younger than me, so she is ahead of me, so she wins
-> I am a 'nice guy', a gentleman and really sweet I am told-> but **** that, who really cares about that IRL
-> She is a virgin because she is religious -> I am a virgin because lol, I struggle to get it up some days. But a 21 year old male should have got laid by now, ergo she is better than me
Incidentally I picked this tendency up from having to mach up to my genius older brother and part-time model sister. So I am bound to be 'piggy in the middle'
I spent quite a long time trying to improve myself but it ended in anxiety,d expression and a mild eating disorder-> I guess I should have tried harder.
People say that I really be a myself up a lot but I think I'm just being realistic because I have an inferiority complex and do wonder whether there are people who are just, well, better people than me, or someone else. And all this 'it's on the inside that counts' bul**** is bull****, and 'just be yourself' is *******s because yourself is inferior to person X. You see my logic? I struggle to apply that scale of human hierarchy to the rest of the population though, although logically that's what I should do.
I don't know what to do. It's hard to be happy when you have to see life as one massive competition otherwise you will be seen as a loser and fail at life.
Put the internet to work for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment