Pages

Search blog and web

Was this my subconscious telling me something?

Funny how we think of things later as the marriage becomes a fuzzier and fuzzier memory.

I remember, every so often, even when our marriage seemed solid and before the detachment of her emotionally, walking up to my wife randomly and asking her, "are you happy being married?" or "are you happy?"..."do you like being married?"...she'd be folding the laundry or just watching t.v. Every so often I'd just ask this outright...then, about 6 months before she left, still not feeling anything was wrong, I asked, "are you going to leave me when the kids get older and move out?". She always answered with "as if" or " yes, I like being married to you",and it stopped there...the subject would change or she'd cast her attention to what she was doing and say something frivolous...but never looking me in the eye when she answered me or spoke in response.

I wonder if this was a subconscious thing for me...did I need reassurance, even though everything seemed ok? Even when she said I love you, she'd be looking away almost every time. Is this odd that I'd ask this out of the blue?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment