Pages

Search blog and web

A Good Marriage

I have often said that being married to my spouse has been the easiest thing I've ever done. It is my easiest relationship and my easiest commitment. I've been told by numerous people this can't possibly be true since marriage only has a fifty percent success rate, or whatever the rate is today. I suppose I am a special snowflake but I don't think that is it....how has your marriage been overall if you have been together ten or more years? Has it been harder than your other relationships? Do you still respect your spouse? Do you stay for the kids? I thought it would be good for young married to see some of the stuff that comes up so they can be prepared.

For me, the single biggest challenge has been learning how to be an authentic, well rounded person....independent and in pursuit of my own hopes and dreams. I could have easily given my entire self to him, but I'm glad that we both have worked to be interesting people with our own stories. We have upheld our sense of selves while also being interconnected. I know where he begins and I stop. I like that I learn something new about him and that he has his own friends and interests outside of me. I have more to share with him than if I only concentrated on him.

Please feel free to share your challenges and successes. :)

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment