Pages

Search blog and web

Adult kids and equal gifts

I know most of the topics on this forum are geared toward younger children but thought I would throw this out there.

I have a daughter who is an outstanding young woman, has worked her butt of to live independent and finish college. I pay her tuition and car insurance but other than that she is on her own and has been for four years.

My son has struggled, failed out of college and would have lived with me forever if I hadn't of thrown him out due to drinking and drug use. He is doing much better now, I gave him a job at my business and he is a hard worker, he has worked for me over a year, I am proud of the changes he has made in his life.

So here's the thing, I have had it in the back of my mind that when my daughter finishes college (this fall) I would buy her a new car as a graduation gift and a reward for working so hard these past few years. I figure it will give her one less thing to worry about when she starts her new life.

But does that send the wrong message to my son? I don't want my son to feel like I am disappointed in him or love him less. My thinking is my son is earning a good paycheck and can support himself, and I gave him that opportunity. And yes I paid for my daughters education so gave her that opportunity, but just want to give her a bit more help.

Any thoughts?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment