Pages

Search blog and web

Two introverts dating

I've started dating a man who is an introvert like me (maybe more so). Before I'd met my husband, 10 years ago, I did about 2 years of online dating. Usually I met a guy, went on date 1, if a little spark and conversation went well, went on date 2. Could usually tell then if there was interest in pursuing (on both sides) any further. Chemistry is a big factor.

With this guy, we've been on several dates now (7 or 8?). We seem to really like each other and there's definitely physical chemistry. But we've both remarked on the fact that there are often silences between us - sometimes slightly awkward. And we're not doing the "talking until 3 am thing" that you hear about and seems to define if you're really "clicking".

I think we're both used to dating someone who is more extroverted; keeps the conversation flowing and pulls us out. But strangely, I'm more interested in this guy than I've been with anyone in awhile. Being introverted means we don't just chat about the weather, we have more deep, meaningful conversations - which, if you don't know each other well yet, are a bit hard to strike up at times.

Has anyone else had this problem? I hate to give up on the potential here but I'm wondering if his good looks and our physical chemistry is blinding me to the fact that "it" just isn't there. Should I just give it more time?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment