Pages

Search blog and web

Don't Know Why This Popped Into My Head But...

...my wife and I were having a discussion about the what we would do for one another if one partner needed another to do something for them. We started by trading off with "I love you so much that I'd do "xxx" for you."

At some point it was my turn and I said "I love you so much that if you ran out of tampons, I would run to the store and buy them for you."

She replied by saying "You would, wouldn't you? I believe you did many years ago."

This seems like such a trivial gesture, but it evokes an interesting response from some women. the first time I did it, it was for my girlfriend back in the early eighties. She had started her period, panicked when she found out that she had none...it was late at night, so I simply said "I'll go to the store for you. I'll be right back."

She was floored...She said "You'd do that for me?" To which I replied, "Well sure. It's not like they're gonna think they're for me, right? What's the big deal?"...Apparently it was as she has had boyfriends who wouldn't even touch the things...WTF?

Just curious...Have any of you women been involved with a man who wouldn't do certain things for you...especially if it involved "feminine" issues? Just wondering if this is common, ya know?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment