Pages

Search blog and web

Husband's friendship problem

I need a place to vent regarding my husband's friendship problem regarding a long time female friend of his.

I have posted about this particular female friend on this website.

The two of them became friends in the mid 1990's. Both of them were in their twenties. She also met a male friend of his back then, and the two of them started dating off and on. According to my husband, those two have been doing this for almost 20 years. At one point while my husband's female friend and his male friend were not dating, she and my husband started dating each other. Their dating relationship lasted a little over a month, according to my husband. After they broke up, they chose to be friends. This was long before he and I met.

Sometime last year she and the guy whom she dated off and on for almost 20 years got back together again. My husband and I have been out to dinner with the two of them several times. We have also hung out with the two of them at her place or at his place.

My husband has been on vacation since this past Monday. His female friend is aware of this. His birthday was earlier this week. The day before his birthday he received a call from his male friend *the one who is dating his female friend* regarding our coming over to his place so the four of us could celebrate his birthday. Later that night he called his female friend to see if she knew what time all four of us would get together since his male had not mentioned that information. She told him that his birthday plans were up in the air due to the fact that she did not have the money to celebrate his birthday.

Later on his male friend called him to let him know that he wanted to take him out to lunch on his birthday. I was getting off work the day of his birthday because I had to work 4 hours on Saturday April 11th, and my employer does not pay overtime. So I had to leave work 4 hours early the day of his birthday. I was told this on Tuesday. My husband called his male friend and asked him if he would mind if I came along. His male friend said OK.

While the 3 of us were out to lunch, his female friend called. According to what he told me, she asked him what he was doing. He let her know that the three of us were having lunch because his male friend *her boyfriend* wanted to take him out to lunch. She sounded upset to him when he told her this.

Yesterday he received a text from her asking him 1) if the two of them were still friends since he has not called her this week and 2) why has he not called her this week.

He called her, but she did not answer the phone. So he left a message stating 1) I came home early the day of his birthday, 2) he was not aware that I was coming home early, 3) he asked his male friend if I could come along, and 4) he has been busy.

According to my husband, his female friend gets easily jealous if she is not included in a celebration, get together and so on, which is why he did not tell her what really happened.

I am frustrated at what happened the day of his birthday as well as what happened today.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment