Pages

Search blog and web

his behavior on our trip - how to handle?

Hi...

We just got back from a week long trip to the Carribbean, great weather....and celebrated our 5 year anniversary..

We were at a resort that had unlimited daycare (which we had our son in each day til 5 pm) and unlimited drinks food, etc..

My H is not a big drinker..(he had 1 drink at dinner, that's it!)....when he spilled a drink early in the trip I gave him a sneer and he yelled at me...said he didn't like that...and for me to stop!...(I did apologize later and said I wouldn't do it again)....

Most of the trip went well after that....but on our vow renewal dinner I told him that it would be in his niece's best interests to try to learn to drive if she is planning on getting pregnant and moving to the suburbs (she doesn't drive, lives in the city and just got married)...

Well he WENT OFF on me...saying his OLD WORLD SICILIAN MOTHER had NO CAR and 5 KIDS and NO PUBLIC TRANSPORT and SHE MADE OUT JUST FINE!!!!! (this was in 1960...in an area closer to Boston where there wasn't as much need for a car)...

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??? I JUST LOOKED AT HIM DUMBSTRUCK....

THEN he had the NERVE to suggest we take his IMPOVERSIHED NIECE AND NEPHEW AND SISTER TO ATLANTIS RESORT IN THE BAHAMAS NEXT YEAR.

I said, "They don't have the money..." (his sister moved back in her mother's house with the 2 kids and doesn't work)...He then said she is "saving"...and "we talked about it"....I said YOU talked about it, but not with ME....and I'm happy with this type of vacation...

I hope he doesn't bring it up again...but I don't want OUR MONEY funding THEIR TRIP!!!

AND...MORE IMPORTANTLY...I WANT TO GO ON A TRIP LIKE THIS ONE, IE, WHERE OUR SON (WHO IS 4) CAN BE ON DAYCARE ALL DAY AND WE DON'T HAVE TO FOLLOW HIM AROUND ALL DAY..

If we ended up doing Atlantis, even IF there is all day daycare...HIS SISTER won't put HER KIDS in it.....and our son would want to do what THEY want to do...and It was hard enough coordinating with just 3 of us, I don't want to throw another family into the MIX!!!! So, if he brings it up again, should I just tell him that's NOT my idea of a "vacation"???

(of course when our son is much older 7, 8, 9..that would be a better option, but not while we have the option of doing this...plus my H and I don't get a break!! we can't every leave our son with his family for a NITE never mind a VACATION!!!")

Also, I didn't want any nightmares to occur.

A few years back he ruined a vacation by YELLING at me and that time I YELLED RIGHT BACK
and we didn't talk to one another the entire time..

I didn't want that happening again.

However, the last day, we were at breakfast at a picnic table and it had been mostly ME getting our son his food at breakfast, dinner (ie, at buffets) and ME cutting it up, etc...so this one time I asked my H to sit next to my son...b/c it was HIS turn getting our son his meals.

He looked at me with DISGUST

and said, "I can't believe you.... I sleep with our son in the same bed during this vacation (he offered as he rented a room w/only 2 beds and I thought it was WAY too small and wanted my own bed so offered to get a cot for myself and THEY could have the beds but my H refused and said he would sleep in same bed as our son)......and YOU INSIST on ALL day daycare (he enjoyed perks too) and NOW YOU DON'T WANT TO BE THE ONE FEEDING OUR SON????"

I didn't like the awful way he was looking at me and ranting so I just apologized for upsetting him and offered to feed our son..He said NO! I'm his DAD and I WILL FEED HIM....

I WAS IN AN AWFUL POSITION...IT WAS OUR LAST DAY AND I HAD NOWHERE TO GO!!! AND HE THOUGHT OF ME WITH ABSOLUTE DISGUST!! he refused to talk to me for the rest of the trip!

in the airport I offered to get him/our son food while he waited to board and he was ANGRY I got him a HOT DOG...and then he said he wanted mustard and I said I forgot it and he said he didn't want it!! but ATE IT ANYWAY AND WHEN I ASKED HOW IT WAS HE SAID "AWFUL""""

HE WAS SO MEAN IN THE AIRPORT......I looked at him and said, "I was doing something GOOD for you and our son....I got the two of you food!"....

I haven't spoken to him since.

He hasn't been mean since but I am seriously seriously reconsidering going on another trip...

How do I say, if it comes up...."your behavior on our last day really freaked me out.....you got all worked up b/c I asked for help feeding our son?" also "you got so mad that I suggested your niece learn how to DRIVE?""

and how do I gently tell him NO F-CKING WAY do I want to go on a vacation with his FAMILY especially on OUR DIME????

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment