Pages

Search blog and web

Being honest about priorities etc in a long distance relationship

  • Thread Starter

...And in relationships generally.


I feel like in long distance relationships ESPECIALLY it's important to be honest about your priorities because it's like you're investing more if someone lives far away. However it seems very unromantic and I can see why people avoid it?

Like, there's this guy who lives quite awhile away who I have a bit of a thing with although we're not in a proper relationship (which I'm pretty sure is because we have mutual doubts as I'm about to go into). Thing is, my education is important and if we continued our thing I'd have to keep paying for travelling to his (he would pay for his travel just to be clear lol - would be totally unfair otherwise IMO). I also find that I can be quite obsessive in relationships so I'm worried that if if we carried on it would distract from my studies. I feel like I should probably tell him about these concerns, but it's so awkward and unromantic lol... Like, "I would go out with you within the right circumstances but in my current circumstances, it's too much of a pain in the ass, so you can go and date other people whatever I don't care". Why should money or education get in the way of love? :(

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment