Pages

Search blog and web

bfs parents are horrible

  • Thread Starter

My family aren't perfect but we always make an effort with eachother, xmas, birthdays, any kind of celebration and my mum buys presents, we have a meal, nothing special but we are there for eachother.
My parents are both teachers and are immigrants (grew up having it rough and we've only had money the last few years) they instilled in me a strong work ethic and strong values (left wing, it is our duty to support those less fortunate and to help eachother) they'd be angrier if I said the n word or said something homophobic or sexist than swear.

Anyway we aren't perfect but are so different to my bfs parents. They earn more than my parents combined (although his mum works a few hours a week minimum wage) but they still rent at fifty, throw money around but never seem to have any. I always need to buy food/cook whenever I go around and they make me feel uncomfortable. Like they make a big fuss about using the bath (they have a tank heater so never have got water and an electricity key so the house is always freezing) and there is mould on the walls and they eat loads of Mcdonalds and fast food so I always get sick when I go round there.

They insist on us coming over and his dad is very aggressive and says I'm over the road come now so I have to pack my bag really quickly and be there otherwise he starts swearing and gets very angry. I've tried to say no he just comes to the door and makes me come...i go to stop my bf from being upset
My parents have invited them over for dinner (once on boxing day, they are going on holiday to my parents house abroad.
They do nothing in return they are rude, racist, sexist. They invited us to dinner but his dad had like 5 brandys and they had way more food than us and my dad being my lovely dad paid for everything but I could tell he was upset as my bfs dad was rude and mean all night.

His mum laughs hysterically at everything and tbh it's f***ing annoying and she has no opinions of her own and no ambition at all. She moans about being treated like a child but takes no responsibilities herself. Her friend is retiring and is her boss and said she will help her apply for her job, I've said I'll help...She won't do it


Last year they split up and she turned up at our house and made drama for two weeks with the dad phoning me and my bf all week telling us his mum is all kinds of horrible stuff while we were sitting exams and my mum was very ill with a rare blood condition

They are both bitter and angry that I helped my bf get into uni (they wanted him to go to the army) and that my parents are buying us a flat. His mum pulls a face whenever we mention it and says I'm not materialistic anyway. She gets angry when she sees anyone on the tv who is rich

His dad is constantly sexist to me and to my bfs mum telling her you look good for an old woman, saying to me when you stop this degree job stuff and become a proper mum...Saying in front of my bfs catholic mum son do you want to go for a run, no you had enough exercise with [me] earlier har har. None of my bfs mum's family like him and were really kind to me when he said that...
His dad keeps mispronouncing my mum's really simple name on purpose and gets my sister's name wrong often too because he is angry that (in my opinion) my bf is dating someone not only foreign but also dark(ish)

I really love my bf and we talk often about marriage and kids but I want my children to be respectful, go to university if they can, have wonderful fulfilling lives and I can't really see his parents as part of our future and I don't want them to have anything to do with our kids. I'm worried about my bf being angry about that and about them getting violent.
My bf is dropping hints about taking me on holiday for my 21st and proposing (in July!!) help, what do I do??
:(
Thanks x

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment